The Four Quadrants

The  Four Quadrants
The Four Quadrants

Friday, December 8, 2006

Basics of The Mind

To grow, the mind needs to discover basic things about itself. It needs to understand some of it's basic structures and processes. I believe this is a never ending process. I am amazed at how basic the things are that I'm still discovering about myself.

Krishnamurti talked about the difference between a mind that's made quiet and a mind that is quiet. It's quiet because it understands basic things about itself. There's also a profound difference between a quiet mind and no-mind which I won't go into now.

Through meditation and radical honesty, the mind can discover its basics, for example: conflict , how conflict arises, what it is and how to see it. Discovery is only made from the state of "not knowing". Everything that is discovered once must be rediscovered fresh from a state of emptiness or not knowing.

No comments:

Comments Welcome

Your Comments Are Welcome